Procurement Engineer cum Quantity Surveyor required for a Contracting Company
Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the purchasing of goods and services for an industrial operation
• Very detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials, supplies and services used in a particular industry and is able to identify companies that sell/provide them.
• Evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements
• Choose the appropriate suppliers to purchase from and do extensive industry research, meet with salespeople and compares their products and prices.
• Award contracts and issue LPO to the vendors and continue to administer these contracts throughout the project
• Managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness.Skills required:
•Detail-oriented and driven
• Able to integrate their technical knowledge with business acumen
• Work well independently and are committed to thinking outside of the box to achieve results.
• Experience in engineering, procurement and operations
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
• Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
• Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
• Ability to identify cost reduction opportunitiesQualification required:
• Engineering graduate
• 5-7 years experience in the same field
• Available in UAE to join immediately